Crew Boss (Nomex® IIIA) Dual Compliant Stationwear pants are dual certified by Underwriters Laboratories for use as both stationwear and wildland wear – Black.
This dual compliance (NFPA 1977 and 1975) means you can now bring the comfort, fit and function of the country’s best-selling BDU fire pant to the everyday stationwear customer. Your firehouse customers no longer need to maintain a second set of pants for when they are called out on a brush fire, rescue call, or wildland fire line.
Rugged, good looking and ready for action, Crew Boss is versatile stationwear that delivers the utmost comfort in a full-fit design, with plenty of oversized pockets to store those important firefighter personal items. It’s the best of both worlds in a single ready-for-action fire pant. Take advantage of this great opportunity to expand your protective apparel sales.
Effective immediately, all Navy Blue Nomex® Crew Boss fire pants produced by Western Shelter will carry a UL dual-certification label.All other colors of Crew Boss Nomex® pants will be labeled with the UL dual-certification upon request.
All Crew Boss protective clothing has passed a battery of tests that include; flame resistance, radiant protective performance, seam and fabric strength, laundering and shrinkage resistance to earn the coveted UL label. Please call for a quote regarding station orders.
- 6.8 oz. Nomex® IIIA
- Dual compliance (NFPA 1977 and 1975)
- Elastic back band for ultimate freedom and comfort
- Seven oversized belt loops to accept 2″ web belts
- Two generous rear pockets
- Oversized, extra deep front slash pockets
- Extra roomy leg and seat cut
- Exclusive crotch reinforcement panel
- Unidirectional bellow thigh pockets with full flap closures
- Hook and loop ankle straps covered with Nomex® fabric for heat resistance
- Self locking brass zippered fly with snap closure
- Nomex® thread throughout to insure the strongest seams possible
- Stress points bartacked at 10 locations for maximum durability
Tried and true, Nomex has been the standard in FR fabrics for half a century. Garments made from Nomex are inherently flame-resistant and won’t melt, drip, or support combustion in the air. The thermal protection offered by Nomex is permanent, and cannot be washed out or worn away.
A key factor in the thermal protection Nomex provides is that it carbonizes and thickens when exposed to intense heat. This increases the protective barrier between the heat source and the skin, minimizing burn injuries. This tough protective barrier stays supple and flexible until it cools, which gives you valuable extra seconds of protection when you need it most.