Mystery Ranch SHIFT
Minimalist Fire Pack = Full-Fledged Transformer
Light and fast, this is our most streamlined Fire Pack. NFPA categorizes it as PPE, we call it Load Carrying Equipment. It’s both, plus so much more: a pack prepared for that wind shift when your fire crests the hill and starts spotting a mile out. A simple and burly IA tool—just fire shelter storage, fusee sheath, detail pocket, load shelf, Futura framing, and Cal Fire Spec includes Hydration—that Shifts into extended attack, single resource assignments, and mission-specific versatility.
- Three components combine to form the fundamental innovation that makes the Shift System truly unique: its Operational Load Shelf.
- First, the Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Second, the mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- In combination, this is all serves the Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus 900 or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hosepacks, mount modules, and carry other equipment
- CAL FIRE SPEC model includes HYDRO carrier and HYDRAPAK® 3.1L OHY Hydration Reservoir – insulated all-black hose, bite valve hardware, and dust cover
- Discreet storage sheath keeps three fusees fully stowed yet accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XL
- Sized and fully adjustable Fire Yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- M-Light belt system features re-direct webbing and tensions similar to SCBAs
- 150 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus 900 to Shift base in seconds
- Angled shelf in Ops mode minimizes shelter slap and chafe
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Replaces the legacy HOT SPOT
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Uretek® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- Fiberglass Stays
- Weight: 3.3 lbs
- Volume: 150 cu/in storage pocket, 3 Fusee sheath, and Fire Shelter compartment
- Dimensions: 16.25″x11.5″x6.5″
- XSMALL AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER