Getting Your SizeSHIFT PLUS MEDIC – Wildland medic pack designed for rapid access.
The SHIFT PLUS MEDIC pack is a first responder medic bag focused on quick access to organized medical supplies. This pack was designed to allow quick access to your organized medical supplies. The main compartment opens all the way so you can get to the removable pockets, but this pack also features dedicated pockets for hydration, notebooks, shears, and gloves.
- Three components combine to form the fundamental innovation that makes the Shift System truly unique: its Operational Load Shelf.
- First, the Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Second, the mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- In combination, this is all serves the Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus 900 or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- External AQUAGUARD® zippers keep dust out of main pack.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hosepacks, mount modules, and carry other equipment
- Horseshoe zipper fully splays open the bag for main compartment access
- Sides and bottom of main bag are padded to protect contents
- Zippered lid pocket gives easy to personal gear and small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Modified front Stick It with zippered compartment for personal/sustainment gear and zippered administrative pocket (pencil, notepad, etc.)
- Modified Stick-It provides space for odd shaped objects
- Removable Medic Patch (Velcro®) area
- External, full-length zippered docs sleeve
- Top and side haul loops for hang options
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Internal strip of Velco® loop for attaching removable pockets
- Two small and two large clamshell-style internal, removable pockets with vinyl windows that Velcro® in place have color coded-handles and Velcro® label strips can take paper strips, grease pencil, or sharpie for identification and quick recognition
- Two 1000 ml IV pockets with clear vinyl windows
- Internal sheer pocket with underlying area for surgical gloves
- Side-access hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir, included; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs.
- Full-length, internal zippered sleeve for neck brace
- Hot Lid & Med Lid compatible (nibs for quick attach)
- Discreet storage sheath keeps three fusees fully stowed yet accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Sized and fully adjustable Fire Yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- M-Light belt system features re-direct webbing and tensions similar to SCBAs
- 150 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus 900 to Shift base in seconds
- Angled shelf in Ops mode minimizes shelter slap and chafe
- NFPA certified, CalFire Spec
- Weight: 9.3 lbs
- Volume: 1404 cu-in
- Dimensions: 27″x13″x12″
- Frame system: Shift Frame
- Harnessing style: Framed
- Size: Small, Medium, Large, XLarge (XSmall by special order)
- Getting Your Size with Sizing Chart
- Fitting Your Pack